1.22.2009

Panoramic....

I got a little ambitious today...I decided to see what kind of panoramic shot I could take...without traveling to somewhere cool - or without really thinking!

A few take aways:
  • Next time I'll use a tripod. I ended up cropping out a lot because I didn't keep the camera level the whole time.
  • Not make it a complete 180 - unless we all like it - haha.
  • Get something more interesting...
  • The Photomerge Tool in Photoshop is awesome! It took care of merging them and blending the layers and all the stuff that would have taken me 3 hours to do (anybody who went to DAAP would have done in 10 minutes)

Anyway, something that I did do right was to keep the exposure length the same. Otherwise some of the pictures would be darker/lighter than the others. Either way, you will want to click on the picture to go to Flickr and click on "All Sizes", then "Large" at the top.

For you photoshop people - the original panoramic file was 199.3 megabytes...ouch. The scaled version (converted to jpg) was 3mb (clearly extremely scaled).
Scaled image dimensions: 6430 x 700 (px)
Original image dimensions: 19408 x 3589 (px)

Then flickr compressed it some more, so if you want the original 3mb file, I can send it...if you want the true original, send me a blank CD - LOL...

messingaroundPanorama1

No comments:

Post a Comment