7.24.2009

New Lens!

So - I bought a new lens the other day and it showed up yesterday! I ended up getting a Canon 50mm f1.4!

I have not had a whole lot of time to play with it or take any super nice pictures - at least any keepers - but oh man is it a nice lens! The 1.4 side of things is absolutely insane. The depth of field is so shallow...which has acted, sometimes, as a bad thing. It is so shallow (how shallow is it?) that when taking a portrait - one eye is in focus, and the other eye isn't! Haha, that isn't the most practical way of taking portraits - probably need to dial it up to 2.0 or something - but it is quite nice. I took it into a dark hallway just to see how it performed in low light conditions - amazing. Set it at 1.4, the shutter speed to around 1/50 sec - and iso a cool 200 - picture looked exactly like the conditions I was shooting....Basically, I can't wait to really start working with this lens - my new favorite for sure!

In a few days, once I get some good pictures and what not, I'll post em up!

No comments:

Post a Comment